This Master's programme in International Brand Communication teaches students about all of the success factors that drive cross-border and cross-culture brand communication and which students need to master for a career in international advertising agencies and communication industries.
Through a deep understanding of consumers' mindsets and multiple branding perspectives students will learn to effectively build and strategically position brands through communication.
Collaborating with well-known agencies and companies, students learn to create effective communication campaigns suitable for selected countries. Students of BA have a chance during their studies to do a practice project for such companies and enterprises as American Express, Bosch, Globetrotter, Space Coach, Hamburg HafenCity, Tallink Silja Line.
- Non-EU Students: 31st of December and 30th of June;
- EU Students: 15th of February and 15th of August
What is the International Brand Communication designed for
Admission requirements: First academic degree, written application and personal interview
Are you passionate about brands and have a keen interest in creative brand communication campaigns like Apple, Coca Cola, Mont Blanc, Nike and Nivea? Are curious to explore new cultures?
Are you ambitious and looking to develop skills that allow you to excel in the fast-moving world of global advertising? Are you interested in one of this specializations: Strategic Planning, Account Management and Cross-Media Creation, corresponding to the business units in communication industry.
Then you’ve come to the right place. Take the first step of your global career with us.
.How to kick start-your career
Build the foundations of a successful global career and develop an international outlook with our new Master’s Degree in International Brand Communication. This two year course provides unparalleled exposure to Western and Eastern ways of planning and creating brand communication campaigns in advertising agencies. Power your learning in a unique combination of core and elective courses with three different areas of specialisation, taught in English. Collaborating with well-known agencies and companies, you will create effective communication campaigns suitable for selected countries.What are our prerequisites
?You need to have
- A keen interest in international advertising communication, brand design, strategic planning and the latest brand communication trends (digital media, smart communication solutions and so on)
- The desire to forge a truly successful global career in the advertising industry
- At least an undergraduate academic degree in any study discipline
- Knowledge of English is mandatory
- International Brand Communication
- Theories of Media and Communication Science
- Creative Conception and Storytelling
- English for Business
- Elective Module I – Specialisation*
- Consumer Psychology and Insights
- International Creative Leadership and Agency Management
- Semiotics and Visual Aesthetics
- Intercultural Competence
- Elective Module II – Specialisation*
- International Media Planning and Campaigning Strategies
- Open Innovation & Digital Thinking
- Brand Agency Simulation Game
- Project Work
- Elective Module III – Specialisation*
The three specialisations correspond to the business units in advertising agencies:
Strategic Planning, Account Management and Cross-Media Creation.Elective modules within the three specialisations
- Account Planning Tasks, Tools and Techniques
- International Marketing Research
- Corporate Branding
- Organisational Theory and Interorganisational Relations
- Financial Management
- Sales Management
- Conventional Brand Communication
- BTL Brand Communication I
- BTL Brand Communication II
This course of study prepares for a career in the creative industries. As a recent graduate of this programme you will be ready to begin your career on the global stage and in the advertising industry where brands touch the hearts of consumers. You can work as a strategic planner or as a consultant who fully understands the creative process and guides creative staff in it.
Or you can decide to work within an actual creation department, creating and implementing cross-media advertising campaigns within a given strategic frame.
Graduates of this course usually enter the workplace as Strategic Planner, Digital Creative Planner, Brand Communication Manager, Manager for Marketing and Communications.ADMISSION
Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree rated at 180 credits (ECTS).2. English Skills
English language proficiency at least B2 level (e.g. TOEFL (550/85) or IELTS (6.5) or an equivalent proof.
3. Submission of completed application documents in English
• Application form and photo
• Letter of motivation (max. two A4 pages)
• Current CV in English
• Certified copy of your undergraduate degree accompanied by a transcript certificate
• Proof of working experience or placements, letters of reference, if available.ADMISSION PROCESS
In a two-stage selection process we will determine if you have reached our academic
criteria for admission to our graduate course. During the process we will assess your
subject-related and general aptitude.The selection procedure
Stage 1: Assessment of your application materials
Stage 2: Entrance examination in the form of an interview.
Our oral entrance examination is conducted by the Programme Director and a member of the faculty.
If you pass the interview successfully, you will be entitled to join the course.History of Brand Academy
Inspired by their fascination for big brands, a group of German and Chinese friends decided to found a university for branding in 2010.
They envisaged a place of education that unites and focuses on brand knowledge with a passion for brand stories – while not forgetting that education and creativity are two parts of one inseparable whole. A place that brings together cultures from the Eurasian region.
It was from this thinking which the university was born.
Categorised as a university of applied sciences, the Brand Academy overlooks the River Elbe in Hamburg – itself a city of brands. It is the first university to focus on brands – the central strategic success-factor in national and international businesses.
Brands are exciting stories – and our students are the future authors of those stories.
The Brand Academy is a government-recognised private university offering internationally accredited Bachelor’s and Master’s degree courses.
We place great emphasis on a culture of creativity, curiosity and open-mindedness. Our university is a place of learning which combines scientific research and close collaboration with brand-name companies in Europe and Asia.