Master in International Tourism Management (Full Time) - Madrid - English
: OctubreEdad Nacional:
21-40Estudios Mínimos Nacionales:
A partir de BachilleratoEstudios mínimos Internacionales:
A partir de FPCréditos ECTS:
: The Master is designed for university graduates. Professional experience is not essential. Language certification or interview in English.
Presentación de Máster.
The Master in International Tourism Management
, majoring in Management of International Tourism Destinations, is designed to equip professionals and executives to lead global business projects in the tourism sector.Reasons to take the Master
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places)
Specific training at the headquarters of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Turismo de España and the embassy of a guest country each year. In the 2015/2016 academic year, the guest country was Andorra.
Attendance to sector trade fairs: Students have the opportunity to attend up to two relevant trade fairs in the field of business tourism held in Madrid over the course of their tuition program.
International faculty: Part of the content on certain courses is taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner business schools and universities. In the 2015/2016 academic year, guest lecturers included Greg Richards, from Tilburg University (Holland); Simão Oliveira, from the Instituto Politécnico de Leiria (Portugal); and Ana Maria Munar, lecturer at Copenhagen Business School.
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of Ostelea’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-Ostelea), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
Executive skills development program: Tourism Skills Development Program (TDSP).
Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
Language: English or French to choose.
The Master in International Tourism Management
will give you the following benefits: INSIGHT INTO THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.GLOBAL VISION
Training directors equipped to manage tourism companies and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in multinational tourism settings.SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.EXECUTIVE TRAINING
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.
Ostelea’s Master in International Tourism Management
is divided into 5 modules:
- Structures and finance of the tourism sector
- Talent and innovation management
- Strategic management and operations in tourism destinations
- Marketing and commercialization of hotel and restaurant companies
- Master’s Thesis
Módulo 1: Structures and finance of the tourism sector
- Structure of the global tourism market - 6 Credits - Core course
- Finance for the tourism sector - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 2: Talent and innovation management
- Intellectual capital and talent management - 6 Credits - Core course
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 3: Strategic management and operations in tourism destinations
- Strategic thinking in the tourism and leisure sector - 6 Credits - Core course
- Operations and quality in tourism sectors - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 4: Marketing and commercialization of hotel and restaurant companies
- Commercialization and new technologies - 6 Credits - Core course
- Marketing of tourism destinations and product – 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 5: Master’s Thesis
- Master’s Thesis - 6 Credits – Core course
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability
To this end, it gives students access to the TDSP (Tourism Skills Development Program)
and a selection of services designed to guide and accompany them towards reaching them professional goals. These services include
(subject to offer):
- Professional careers programs (choose one): Employability – Entrepreneurship – Career Transition
- Talent Week
- Employment Forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
(Tourism Skills Development Program) includes (limited places):
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
Key Professional Opportunities
related to this Master include:
Admission and Qualification Process
- Tourism Product Director.
- Corporate Director of Tourism Organizations.
- Director of Operation in tourism companies.
- Consultant in tourism companies.
- Destination planner and manager.
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the campus of Madrid will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION
- The qualification of Master in International Tourism Destination Management from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
- The qualification of Master in International Tourism Destination Management from EAE Business School.
- The official university qualification from the Universidad Rey Jaun Carlos.
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.
Financial Aid Program.
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.Financial aid is offered in the following cases
Innovación en la metodología
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.
Ostelea tiene el objetivo de garantizar una formación de calidad para sus alumnos a fin de facilitar su incorporación o transición al mercado laboral dotándoles de los conocimientos y las habilidades demandadas en el sector. Es por ello que imparte una metodología profesionalizadora e innovadora basándose en:
- Visita de profesionales activos al aula
- Análisis de casos reales
- Visitas a organizaciones
- Método del caso
- Software especializado sujeto a programa (Business Game)
- Residencial Skills Management ( MBA )