Master in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Tourism Planning (Full Time) - Barcelona - English
15.200,00 € Inicio:
Octubre Edad Nacional:
21-40Estudios mínimos nacional:
A partir de BachilleratoEstudios mínimos Internacionales:
A partir de FP
Presentation of Master.
Sustainable development has become a new paradigm in the 21st Century, in both the public and private sphere, and from an international right down to a local level. In the tourism sector, this paradigm has given rise to the concept of sustainable tourism, which focuses on the environmental, social and economic aspects in this sector. There is an ever-growing number of public bodies, academic institutions, tourism destinations, companies and international organizations that actively seek to integrate sustainability criteria into their policies.
Ostelea has decided to run a Master program in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Tourism Planning, which is designed to equip professionals and executives to lead the shift towards more sustainable planning and management of tourism activity, whether in public administrations or in the private sector.
Find out about the latest research conducted by Ostelea on “Ecological and Sustainable Tourism in Spain” , which observes and analyses one of the tourism formats that has undergone the greatest growth in recent years.This program is also conducted in English.
Reasons to take the Master:
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places)
Eight fieldwork projects in experiences in tourism planning in Barcelona: students will visit various sustainable initiatives around the city of Barcelona related to tourism or which are affected by tourism, such as ecological markets and businesses, self-managed community spaces and community gardens, among others.
Ostelea is an affiliated member of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), which sets the standard in terms of global tourism governance. Taking part with the WTO on initiatives such as the Knowledge Network ensures the academic quality of the programme.
Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of EAE’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
Executive skills development program: Tourism Skills Development Program (TDSP).
Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
Language: English or French to choose.
The Master in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Tourism Planning
will give you the following benefits: GAIN INSIGHT INTO THE SUSTAINABLE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Acquiring knowledge of tourism destination planning and management with the application of sustainability criteria. Learning the foundations of sustainable regional development, tourism sustainability and its impact on the quality of the destination’s image.
STRATEGIC PLAN DEVELOPMENT
Designing strategies and plans for dynamizing and differentiating tourism products and destinations based on sustainable tourism management, both in well-established and emerging destinations.
Learning the regulatory framework with respect to regional planning at different scales and its impact on the management of tourism destinations.
Detecting business opportunities: analysing sustainability as a competitive advantage for designing, promoting and commercializing new tourism products.
Discovering and applying information and communications technologies to tourism design and commercialization. Learning to apply the latest methods and techniques for the development and efficient management of tourism products and destinations.
Gaining insight into the environmental impacts of tourism activity for proposing alternatives for sustainable tourism planning and management.
Ostelea’s Master in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Tourism Planning
is divided into 5 modules:
- Governance and planning of tourism products and destinations.
- Sustainable tourism development.
- Evaluation, management and conservation of natural heritage.
- Tourism Management of natural heritage from a sustainability perspective.
- Master’s Thesis
Each of these modules contains several courses which will cover the following areas.
Module 1: Governance and planning of tourism products and destinations
- Governance and planning of sustainable tourism destinations - 6 Credits - Core Course
- Marketing and commercialization of sustainable tourism destinations and products - 6 Credits - Core Course
Module 2: Sustainable tourism development
- Heritage, tourism and sustainable development - 6 Credits - Core Course
- Design and management of endogenous development tourism projects - 6 Credits - Core Course
Module 3: Evaluation, management and conservation of natural heritage
- Strategic regional planning - 6 Credits - Core Course
- Management and preservation of natural resources and protected natural spaces - 6 Credits - Core Course
Module 4: Tourism Management of natural heritage from a sustainability perspective
- Creation and innovation of sustainable tourism products based on natural resources - 6 Credits - Core Course
- Sustainable planning for the development of natural tourism - 6 Credits - Core Course
Module 5: Master’s Thesis
- Master’s Thesis - 12 Credits - Core Course
The Master in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Tourism Planning
is directed by Gilda Hernández-Maskivker
, who has a PhD in in Tourism and Leisure from the Universitat Rovira i Virgili. She has worked for the Department of Tourism of the Rafaela City Council (Argentina) and as a lecturer on Tourism and Business Administration and Management at the Universitat Rovira i Virgili, where she is also a member of the FHOM Research Group (Human Factor, Organizations and Markets by its Catalan acronym).
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability
Admission and Qualification Process
To this end, it gives students access to the TDSP (Tourism Skills Development Program)
and a selection of services designed to guide and accompany them towards reaching them professional goals. These services include
(subject to offer):
- Professional careers programs (choose one): Employability – Entrepreneurship – Career Transition
- Talent Week
- Employment Forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
(Tourism Skills Development Program) includes (limited places):
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
Key Professional Opportunities
related to this Master include:Professional Opportunities
- Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
- Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies.
- Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor
- Director of tourism information, promotion and commercialization.
- Director of destination programs.
- Tourism destination planning and management technician.
- Specific tourism product manager.
- Tourism product development technician.
- Natural and cultural heritage management technician.
- Local development agent.
- Analyst, consultant or advisor in the tourism sector.
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.QUALIFICATION
Participants that successfully complete the programme will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
- Master Sustainable Management of Tourism Resources and Destinations, majoring in Natural Heritage, from the Universitat de Lleida (OFFICIAL pending verification)
- Master in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Tourism Planning, from Ostelea School of Tourism & Hospitality (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Master in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Regional Tourism Planning, from EAE Business School (INSTITUTIONAL)
Financial Support and Grant programme.
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
Innovación en la metodología
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.
Ostelea tiene el objetivo de garantizar una formación de calidad para sus alumnos a fin de facilitar su incorporación o transición al mercado laboral dotándoles de los conocimientos y las habilidades demandadas en el sector. Es por ello que imparte una metodología profesionalizadora e innovadora basándose en:
- Visita de profesionales activos al aula
- Análisis de casos reales
- Visitas a organizaciones
- Método del caso
- Software especializado sujeto a programa (Business Game)
- Residencial Skills Management ( MBA )