Master in Big Data Management
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Language of instruction
International Management know-how empowered by Big Data
Be it in a storefront retailer or an online shop, the finance sector or aviation, the travel industry or telecommunications; data affects business success in every industry sector. The large amount of unstructured data collected needs to not only be stored, but also analysed and efficiently utilized. As a big data manager, it is your responsibility to generate strategic benefit from data. You will coordinate corresponding projects, and act as the interface between senior management, data engineers, and data analysts. You understand the principles of information management and artificial intelligence. You have a sense for new technologies and their applications in a business environment. And you are able to align those activities with the company’s strategy by understanding your management’s needs. Lastly, you will use your expertise to critically analyse current advancements in the industry, differentiate between short-lived trends and realistic solutions, and advise senior management accordingly.
Facts about the degree programme
Master of Arts (M.A.)
placement test if necessary,
proof of English language skills
International Management for career changers
What you will learn from us
The master programme in Big Data Management prepares you for a career in one of the most important areas in future corporate environments.
How does the course of studies work?
- You will learn how to pre-process data, how to associate data from different sources, and how to analyse their relationships.
- You will learn about artificial intelligence for data analysis.
- You will evaluate the utility of these methods in various corporate scenarios.
- You will critically look at solution providers and understand the ethical, social, and security implications that emerge from big data management.
- You will deepen your management expertise and improve your analytical skills.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue our International IT Management Master’s degree at our German campus in Bad Honnef.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Aptitude Test TASC
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IUBH and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IUBH. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.