Master in International Tourism Management (Full Time) - Madrid - English
Full Time Idioma:
Octubre Edad Nacional:
21-60 Edad Internacional:
21-40 Estudios Mínimos Nacionales:
A partir de Bachillerato (ID 4)Estudios mínimos Internacionales:
A partir de FP (ID 5)
Presentación de Máster.
The Master in International Tourism Management
, majoring in Management of International Tourism Destinations, is designed to equip professionals and executives to lead global business projects in the tourism sector.Reasons to take the Master
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places)
Specific training at the headquarters of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Turismo de España and the embassy of a guest country each year. In the 2015/2016 academic year, the guest country was Andorra.
Attendance to sector trade fairs: Students have the opportunity to attend up to two relevant trade fairs in the field of business tourism held in Madrid over the course of their tuition program.
International faculty: Part of the content on certain courses is taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner business schools and universities. In the 2015/2016 academic year, guest lecturers included Greg Richards, from Tilburg University (Holland); Simão Oliveira, from the Instituto Politécnico de Leiria (Portugal); and Ana Maria Munar, lecturer at Copenhagen Business School.
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of Ostelea’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-Ostelea), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Tourism Skills Development Program.
- Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
- Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.
The Master in International Tourism Management
will give you the following benefits: INSIGHT INTO THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.GLOBAL VISION
Training directors equipped to manage tourism companies and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in multinational tourism settings.SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.EXECUTIVE TRAINING
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.
Ostelea’s Master in International Tourism Management
is divided into 5 modules:
- Structures and finance of the tourism sector
- Talent and innovation management
- Strategic management and operations in tourism destinations
- Marketing and commercialization of hotel and restaurant companies
- Master’s Thesis
Módulo 1: Structures and finance of the tourism sector
- Structure of the global tourism market - 6 Credits - Core course
- Finance for the tourism sector - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 2: Talent and innovation management in global context
- Intellectual capital and talent management - 6 Credits - Core course
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 3: Strategic management and operations in tourism global destinations
- Strategic thinking in the tourism and leisure sector - 6 Credits - Core course
- Operations and quality in tourism sectors - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 4: Marketing and international commercialization of tourism destinations
- International touristic marketing and new technologies - 6 Credits - Core course
- International marketing strategies for tourism destinations and products – 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 5: Master’s Thesis
- Master’s Thesis - 6 Credits – Core course
The Master in International Tourism Management de Ostelea, majoring in International Tourism Destination Management, is directed by Jordi Ventura, an expert consultant in identifying and planning new business opportunities, and market and financial feasibility studies in the tourism sector. He heads a faculty formed by both respected professionals in the field of tourism management and internationally renowned researchers and academics, such as Dr. Jordi Tresserras, formerly a professor at New York University and the Università di Bologna, and Dr. Francesc Xavier Medina, European Chairman of the International Commission on the Anthropology of Food and Nutrition(ICAF).Professional Careers
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability
To this end, it gives students access to the Tourism Skills Development Program and a selection of services designed to guide and accompany them towards reaching them professional goals. These services include (subject to offer):
- Professional careers programs (choose one): Employability – Entrepreneurship – Career Transition
- Talent Week
- Employment Forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
The Tourism Skills Development Program includes (limited places):
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
Key Professional Opportunities related to this Master include:
- Tourism Product Director.
- Corporate Director of Tourism Organizations.
- Director of Operation in tourism companies.
- Consultant in tourism companies.
- Destination planner and manager.
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the campus of Madrid will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION.
- The qualification of Master in International Tourism Destination Management from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
- The qualification of Master in International Tourism Destination Management from EAE Business School.
- The official university qualification from the Universidad Rey Jaun Carlos.
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.Financial Aid Program
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.
Ostelea cuenta con uno de los principales partners del sector de la formación internacional: EAE Business School. Esta exclusiva alianza nos permite contar con una ventaja competitiva relevante, ya que somos el único centro de formación de turismo que combina el aprendizaje de turismo con el desarrollo de los principales conocimientos y competencias del mundo de management. EAE, a lo largo de sus 58 años de historia, ha formado a más de 70,000 directivos que hoy lideran las principales empresas y ha sido reconocida como una de las principales escuelas de negocios de España en diferentes rankings nacionales e internacionales.