Master of International Business
- Modalidad: Presencial
- Campus: Barcelona, Madrid
- Créditos ECTS: 70
- Perfil: Full Time
: Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña (Campus Barcelona) Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Campus Madrid)Program Description
Experiencia + 3 años / Duración 12 meses
This program will be conducted in English.
The world of business requires experienced professionals with advanced knowledge in various fields of effective management, while at the same time demanding personal skills such as flexibility, adaptability, reflection, determination and creativity. These professionals must master and use a wide range of management techniques, including awareness not only of the most up-to-date theoretical knowledge but also of the current market reality and trends in the business world.
The Master of International Business is a general program with a particular focus on the international aspects of management needed in today’s business world. The program integrates studies in all of the areas of business activity in a quest to develop the most reliable policies and strategies that successfully achieve the objectives of a company in an international environment.
The MIB is underpinned by the four fundamental elements of a successful international business education, crucial for establishing roles in today’s multinational and multicultural firms involved in the constantly evolving world of global business:
• Functional methods and techniques. • Personal development. • The importance of strategic information decision-making. • Creativity and innovation.
No businessperson can develop their full creative potential in isolation. With this in mind, the MIB combines academic excellence with an in-depth practical knowledge of business and business planning. In addition, our students are also offered a wide range of corporate visits and meetings, and lectures with managers and top executives from successful corporations.
El alumno tendrá la opción, al finalizar el período lectivo en Barcelona o Madrid, de realizar una estancia residencial de dos semanas de duración en Pace University (New York). Top reasons for doing EAE’s Business School MIB (Master in International Business in Spain)
1) Employability EAE’s Master of International Business enhances students’ employability. The Professional Careers service is focused on guiding and accompanying students to achieve their professional goals and matching their expectations and interests with the jobs market.
2) International Talent Program The program aimed at students seeking international professional development, in order to give them maximum visibility amongst the multinational companies collaborating with EAE. Activities are therefore organised such as the Employment Workshops, interviews with head hunters and access is given to international selection consultants around the world.
3) International Business Plan Drafting an International Business Plan is a key element of the MIB program. In its development, participants must consider the influence of various functional areas on the viability of a future business project and define the future business strategy, as well as designing the implementation of the business policies they consider necessary to achieve the short-term and long-term objectives of the corporation.
4) Business Game The Business Game experience enables students to create and manage their own company, and test their abilities and knowledge acquired during the first part of the program between classmates in which they put themselves in the shoes of a real entrepreneur.
5) Business Networking On the Business Networking cycle, students will attend a series of meetings with professionals from large companies and other EAE students, thanks to which the participants have the chance to expand their network of professional contacts.
6) Major + Minor EAE has started up the North American Major and Minor methodological system for the first time in Spain, in the place of the traditional optional subject method.
7) Soft Skills program EAE’s Soft Skills program is intended to help participating professionals complete their training with the strategic mobilisation of their personal skills. It includes ten independent monthly workshops organised along the Emotional Skills Model.
8) International Residential Program At the end of the study period, students will have the chance to do a two-week residential stay at Pace University (New York). This residential program comes at an additional cost.
9) EAE is enterprising The aim is to give the necessary resources and environment for enterprising students from EAE to develop new business ideas. We accompany the needs of the entrepreneurs and investors, as well as those of our students and researchers. Some of the particular services we offer are Training, Financing and Accompaniment for EAE’s enterprising students.Admission Process and Degree
Participants who successfully complete the program will receive the qualification of Master of International Business from the EAE Business School. In addition, students who fulfill the established academic requirements will obtain the Master of International Business & Management degree from the Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya (if studying in Barcelona) or the Máster Universitario en Negocios Internacionales degree from the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (if studying in Madrid).
In order to receive the qualifications awarded by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.ADMISSION PROCESS
The main objective of the admissions process is to ensure the candidates' suitability for the program by looking at their professional experience and their academic background.
Our aim is for all participants to make the most of the experience we offer through a context in which they may develop a long-term relationship with classmates, lecturers and alumni.
In starting the admissions process, the form has to be filled in so that EAE’s Academic Committee can consider the application. If the decision issued by the Academic Committee for the requested program is positive, the candidate can complete their enrolment.Courses in the Master of International Business
Courses MADRID ECTS
MODULE 1 - Economics - International economics 6 ECTS Worldwide economics 3 ECTS International financial economy 6 ECTS Development economy 3 ECTS
MODULE 2 - Law - International trade law 3 ECTS Public international law and EU law 3 ECTS International economics law 3 ECTS
MODULE 3 - Methods & Analysis - Analysis of company economic and financial information 3 ECTS Statistics applied to the international economy 3 ECTS
MODULE 4 - Internationalization - IT 3 ECTS International trade 3 ECTS International economics English 3 ECTS
MODULE 5 - Internship - Internship 9 ECTS
MODULE 6 - Final Master Thesis - Minor 9 ECTS
TOTAL CREDITS 70 ECTSINTENSIFICATION IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS - MADRID ETCS
MODULE 1 - Environmental & Global Markets - Marketing and commercialization in int. environments 5 ETCS
MODULE 2 - International Management - International financial risk management 4 ETCS Financial management 5 ETCS
MODULE 3 - People Management - Intellectual capital & capital management 4 ETCS Management Skills 3 ETCS
MODULE 4 - Global Strategic Management - Business Game 3 ETCS Strategic Management: Business Game Cases 4 ETCS
TOTAL CREDITS 28 ETCSCourses BARCELONA ECTS
MODULE 1 - Environment and Global Markets - Current socio-economic context 5 ECTS Marketing and commercialization in international environments 5 ECTS
MODULE 2 - People Management - Intellectual capital and talent management 5 ECTS Management skills 5 ECTS
MODULE 3 - International Management - Financial management 5 ECTS Information technological management 5 ECTS International financial risk management 5 ECTS
MODULE 4 - Strategic Management - Global strategic management 5 ECTS Corporate internationalization 5 ECTS
MODULE 5 - Final Master Thesis - Final master thesis 15 ECTS Minor 10 ECTS
TOTAL CREDITS 70 ECTS
Funding Schemes and Grants.
EAE offers special funding, grants and financial support for all candidates accepted on the School’s programsObjectives
1) Efficient Management The rapid changes in the business world require the most up-to-date methodology and techniques for our students so that they can become effective and competitive managers.
2) Process of Change Economic, social and technological changes affect the organizational structure of companies. Technological advances, improvements in communication and the development of emerging economies have led to greater competition in western countries, which requires adaptation to new situations and new management tools.
3) International Competitiveness In the world of business, executives must adjust their frame of reference without losing touch with their own values and culture. Specialists and generalists alike understand that competitiveness is a necessary condition, though it is not the only requirement for the survival of a company.
4) Effective Executive Training MIB’s overall objective is to train leaders who are able to evolve at the heart of complex international markets, capable of inducing and managing flexibility and reactive changes to new technologies, the emergence of new markets and social evolution, and who are open-minded, receptive, capable of communicating and creative.Career Opportunities
EAE’s academic faculty is made up of an excellent team of professors, university lecturers and highly respected professionals in this field.
The academic faculty members boast a wealth of business experience, working as consultants, senior executives and advisors in both private companies and public institutions.
Thanks to this well-balanced foundation of first-hand experience, participants on the Master of International Business acquire real knowledge that is constantly updated, underpinned by a solid academic base.